Our Nursing Home, Our Heart, Our Pride
Arirang Becomes the Purchaser of Rose of Sharon LTC
Arirang Age-Friendly Community Centre (Arirang) has agreed with RYKKA Care Centres LP to become the purchaser of the Rose of Sharon Korean Long-Term Care Home in Toronto. After nearly a decade of efforts to ensure the ownership of the Rose of Sharon in the Korean community, Arirang is leading the effort to protect the first-ever LTC home in Canada that provides culturally-specific care to Korean seniors.
What Purchasing Rose of Sharon Means for Our Community
Arirang’s vision for the Toronto-Korean community does not end with securing ownership – it is simply the first step towards it. Our next long-term goal is to procure and provide additional beds so that more seniors and their families can be supported in the Korean community.
New Opportunities for Our Community
This will give Arirang the means and opportunity to provide more community services such as Meals on Wheels, senior drop-in centres, expand out to retirement homes, and more. We dream of Korean seniors having active lifestyle and enjoying new friends they meet at a resort style like senior community centre. This gives family care givers assurance that their loved ones are well taken care of and provide peace of mind.
Our Fundraising Goal & Status
We need your help to make this dream come true.
We need everyone in our community to come together and support this cause. We call upon all families to donate.
Our minimum target is $4.5 million
Period: by the end of May 2021
Charitable Registration No: 813245636RR0001
All funds collected will support the purchase of the Rose of Sharon Long Term Care.
(1) Click on the Give button below or
(2) E-transfer fund to: Give-to-RoS@aafcc.ca
(3)Send a cheque payable to:
Arirang Age-Friendly Community Centre (AAFCC)
C/O The Korea Times Daily
(4) Direct Deposit available at Korean KEB Hana or Shinhan bank branches in GTA. Just inform these two banks you would like to give donation to Rose of Sharon Campaign.
- For large donation, we can maximize use of your donation if you e-transfer or write a cheque payable to AAFCC.
- Please make sure to include your name and email address so that we can issue a tax receipt.